‘For all evils there are two remedies — time and silence.’The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
Hello. My name’s Amy. Welcome to our website and welcome to Le Stylo Noir retreat. After leaving university with a degree in English and Creative Writing I took to jobhunting and working minimum wage jobs, along with the rest of my friends, and discovered how hard it was to focus or have enough time to do what we really enjoyed doing: writing. Le Stylo Noir was created, with the help of my ever-supportive book-lover of a mother, exactly for that reason. So, if you want to come away to a silent and peaceful place, enjoy good food and a glass of wine or cider after a long day’s writing, then please, come. We’d love to meet you.
What We Provide:
- A quiet place to work in the beautiful Breton countryside.
- A desk, chair and somewhere to relax and read in every room.
- All rooms are En-Suite, with showers.
- A library of books in the English language in many different genres, including some Creative Writing reference books.
- Full Board: All meals included, so that you don’t have to worry about anything except your writing.
- Tea, Coffee and Water available throughout the day.
- If you want a break from your writing (and who doesn’t sometimes?) you can enjoy a walk through our woodland, orchard and gardens.
- The local village, complete with stunning lake, small shop and local amenities is only a twenty minute walk away (five minutes by car). The lake is surrounded by a health and fitness trail, perfect for a relaxing and entertaining jog or run. There’s also plenty of other amazing walks waiting to be discovered locally.
We own dogs, cats and we have neighbouring chickens, so please bring any allergy medication with you if you do happen to be allergic to them. Please make us aware, before you arrive, if you have any allergies or intolerances so we can plan your week ahead of time (and make sure you have the best experience possible).
We are a no-smoking household.